Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Power of Now

I was in discussion with one of my good friends Ben today and we got onto the subject of taking time out. As we live in London in the UK, its a very fast city. It is so easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of everything.

Sometimes when there is so much going on it is great to focus on the MOMENT, second by second. The author Eckhart Tolle who wrote the actual book the Power of Now recommends going into your senses..for example feel the texture of the clothes you are wearing, stare out the window at any nature you can, breathe and close your eyes…

I have a tendency to go at the speed of light so reading and APPLYING Eckart’s philosophies are challenging but rewarding to a hyperactive adult like myself! In my experience, when I have taken that time out and NOT THOUGHT.

Then many of the answers I needed pop in or at least – I feel totally refreshed when I get back to my PC!!!

So whever you are, whatever you are doing….remember to use YOUR Power of Now…

No comments: